RECIPE: ORANGE-YOGURT CAKE


Uff... it's been a long long weekend.  How was yours? I've been so busy I didn't even had time to eat lunch in two days
. At the end, I think it was worth it. :) Besides my baby been sick with  an ear infection, I was taking the Certification to become a Wilton Method Instructor (WMI) and guess who pass the test?!! 
Yes !!! Me !!! I'm so exited for that! now I can teach  the Wilton Method of Cake Decorating in my Studio !!! How exiting is that? you can learn right here @ Rustik Cake Studio. Wow! Please if you are interest in the classes let me know, just click HERE to contact me. ;)

So this is the freshest news I have so far for you, and taking about fresh, how about some fresh squeeze Orange-Yogurt Cake.  Not only sounds good but believe me it's 11pm and I (by myself) ate almost the entire cake... please don't judge :)


Here are the ingredients for this delicious cake:

- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeeze orange juice
- confectioners' sugar for dusting


Pre-heat oven to 350F.  Butter an 8-inch cake pan. I used a bund cake pan so you can use any shape just use your favorite :)  In a large bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.


In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, grated orange zest and juice, egg, and vanilla.



Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combine.



Transfer batter to prepare pan. Bake until a cake taster comes out clean, about 25 minutes.  I'll personally do just 20 and check, because I timed it  for 25 minutes and I think it was a little to long.  Then you can transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.



Removed cake from pan, dust with confectioners sugar, and garnish with some oranges.  Yum Yum.  For real when I cut the first slice smell so good that I couldn't resit it and ate it right after I took this picture LOL.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment